CTY Summer, Three Months Later … | Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth
SAT test / exam proctoring and timer for the new format (from march 2016). This video includes all sections of the SAT New Format, proctor, speech, 5 minutes warning before the end f each section and essay.
I have build this for my own and finally decided to make it available on youtube. My tip for the SAT exam is to use this video on each simulation to experience the ultimate test mood.
Newest SAT Format summary:
preparation: 20 sec.
First section: Reading Test 65 min.
Break: 10 min.
Second section: Writing and Language Test 35 min.
Third section: Math Test- No Calculator section 25 min.
Break: 5 min.
Fourth section: Math Test- Calculator section 55 min.
Break: 2 min.
Fifth section: Essay 50 min.
SAT- Scholastic Assessment Test
I hope that my sharing on Youtube would be useful.
And I would be curios and glad to hear your comments, especially if you find this video beneficial.
SAT Test Proctor & Timer (New Format) – Full Test
Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth honored students from around the world for exceptional academic achievement on Sunday October 16, 2016 at Shriver Hall. The annual event celebrates middle school students who, as CTY Talent Search participants, achieve scores on such above-grade-level tests as the SAT and ACT that would be impressive even for a high school senior. About 1,000 of the more than 27,000 students in grades two through eight who participated in CTY’s 2015-16 Talent Search were honored at Sunday’s ceremony for their exceptional test scores.
Warm weather welcomed honorees and their families to campus Sunday as proud parents snapped photos of their young scholars on the steps outside Shriver Hall. Some were local; others had traveled to Baltimore from as far away as California and Hong Kong for the event. For many, it was a validation of all the hours spent training their brains.
To qualify for CTY’s Talent Search, Aiman, being in grade 6 at the time (middle school), took a test called SCAT (School and College Ability Test), originally designed to test high school students’ academic abilities. Initially, Aiman’s dad wanted him to take a test that will qualify him for the following year’s summer STEM program for middle school students at Brown University in Rhode Island called SPARK.
Turns out, Aiman did exceptionally well, even though he didn’t really prepare for the test at all. He scored 508/514 on Quantitative (Math). This score is 99th percentile compared to students in Grade 9 (3 grades above him!). On the verbal portion of the test, Aiman scored 476/494 or 94th percentile compared to Grade 9. Aiman scores earned him an invitation to the CTY Grand Ceremony at JHU Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland.
Aiman is a student at Engineering and Science University Magnet School (ESUMS) in New Haven, Connecticut. ESUMS was recently awarded Top High School for Exemplary STEM Education Programs by The National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) and earned a Finalist Award for the Middle School Category.
To participate in CTY, students must first enroll in the talent search for their respected grade levels. CTY’s Talent Search for grades 2 – 8 is the bridge to CTY, including CTY’s highly regarded summer programs, online courses, and other gifted and talented services and resources designed for advanced young learners.
Each year, more than 30,000 outstanding students from the U.S and abroad sign up to test as part of CTY Talent Search. The test can be taken at throughout the year by prospective students worldwide. Alternatively, students can also take another test called CTY Spatial Test Battery (STB). High School students can choose to take SAT or ACT instead.
Of the invited students, at least 100 students achieved a perfect score on the reading or math section of the test taken, including several students who received 800 on both math and verbal sections of the SAT.
CTY’s Study of Exceptional Talent (SET) also recognizes students under the age of 13 who achieve a score of 700 or higher on the SAT. There were over 400 students who met SET’s qualifications for the 2015-2016 academic year and were invited to the Grand Ceremony.
Students honored at the 2016 Grand Ceremony qualified for CTY’s residential summer programs, online classes, and family academic programs. At CTY, academically advanced students–who come from some 100 countries around the world–meet others like them and form a community of learners.
“Today we take a moment to recognize these young students for their remarkable achievements. We also honor the parents and educators who have helped these promising young people on their road to success,” said Elaine Hansen, executive director of CTY.
Illena Jones and Chris Lehmann were recognized as CTY Distinguished Alumni during the ceremony. Lehmann, who took seven summer courses at CTY, is the founding principal of Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia, an author, and 2014 winner of the McGraw Prize in Education.
Jones, from Baltimore, took CTY summer courses in genetics and genomics, and earned a bachelor’s degree in neuroscience from Dartmouth in 2015. Now a research technician at Johns Hopkins University, she has published two papers in the areas of genetics, bioinformatics, and molecular biology.
Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg, Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin, and Lady Gaga are all alumni of CTY at Johns Hopkins University.
For Part 1 please watch here:
For Part 2 please watch here:
For Part 3 please watch here:
For Part 4 please watch here:
For Part 5 please watch here:
For Part 6 please watch here:
Aiman Honored At Johns Hopkins University Center For Talented Youth Grand Ceremony – Part 1
HUGE ACT Math Review Video Course available for sale. 65 Concepts Covered! For a more in depth review of key ACT Math concepts with teaching and examples get this course.
ACT Math 21 Concepts to Boost Your Score. We go over formulas, sample problems, and more to help you boost your score on the math section of the ACT in this video.
If you are interested in online ACT math tutoring with me email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information or visit my tutoring website at
ACT Math 21 Concepts To Boost Your Score
Correspondent Jim Spellman reports on the growing number of Chinese students spending their summers studying at academic summer camps in the US. Spellman visits Johns Hopkins in Baltimore to meet students and find out what they are looking for in attending the rigorous summer program.
Chinese Students Flock To US Summer Camps For Study
Rate (as of Jan 1st, 2016) – 40$ per hour
Online Test Prep Private Tutor
Each session is two hours long (i.e. 80$ per session).
Try one or two sessions – to see if it’s worth your time and money.
Prep for GRE, GMAT, TEAS, HESI,
ACT, SAT, TOEFL and IELTS
Also high-school and college level math courses.
Algebra, Pre-calc, Calculus, Statistics, etc.
Skype me at “Keshwani Prep” or
Email at “email@example.com”
Online Prep Tutor 40$/hr GRE, GMAT, TEAS, HESI, SAT, ACT, TOEFL 1-800-808-PREP KeshwaniPrep.com
This online sat math test prep review youtube video tutorial will help you to learn the fundamentals behind the main concepts that are routinely covered on the scholastic aptitude test. This online crash course video contains plenty of examples and practice problems for you work on including very hard / difficult math questions with answers and solutions included. There are six main lessons in this study guide that are accompanied by a review of the most important topics, concepts, equations and formulas that you need to do well on the sat. This video contains plenty of multiple choice problems that you can work on as a practice test.
Extended SAT Video:
Algebra Online Course:
Access to Premium Videos:
SAT Study Guides:
1. Evaluating composite functions and algebraic expressions
2. Solving equations and finding the value of x – SAT Math Algebra Review
3. Simplifying Radicals, Exponents, and Factoring Trinomials
4. Solving Equations With Two Variables Using The Substitution and Elimination Method
5. Absolute Value Equations and Multivariable Functions
6. How To Convert Sentences Into Equations to Solve SAT Math Word Problems
7. Word Problems With Averages and Total Sum
8. Consecutive Even / Odd Positive or Negative Integer Word Problem
9. Basketball Team Word Problems – Games won vs Lost
10. Past Present Future Age Word Problem
11. Inclusive vs Exclusive Numbers In a List
12. Distance Rate Time SAT Math Word Problems
13. Ratios and Proportions Based Word Problems
14. Red Green Blue Yellow Marble Probability Problem
15. Nickels Dimes Quarters Word Problem
16. Number of Workers SAT word problem
17. Permutations Combinations and Fundamental Counting Principle
18. Two or Three Digit Integer Word Problem
19. Average Score, Arithmetic Mean, and Weighted Average SAT Math Problem
20. Percent Increase or Decrease Word Problem – Sales Tax vs Discount
21. Original Selling Price and Percent Change Practice Problems
22. Percentage Problems with x and y Variables
23. Slope Calculations, Midpoint and Distance Formula
24. Mean, Median, Mode, and Range
25. Arithmetic and Geometric Series and Sequences Word Problems
26. Linear, Quadratic, and Absolute Value Functions and Graphs
27. SAT Math Geometry Review
28. How to Find the Side Length of a Triangle Given Area and Height
29. How to Calculate the Perimeter of a Triangle Given Hypotenuse
30. How to Determine the Area of a Right Triangle
31. Calculating the Area of a Parallelogram
32. Percent Increase or Decrease of Radius and Height of a Cylinder – Effect on Volume
33. How to Calculate the Perimeter of a Square Given It’s Diagonal
34. Calculating the Altitude of a 45 45 90 degree right triangle
35. Finding the Perimeter of an Equilateral or Equiangular Triangle
36. Calculating the Sum of the Three Remote Exterior Angles of a Triangle
37. Segment Midpoint Geometry Problems
38. Parallel Lines – Corresponding, Alternate Interior, Exterior and Vertical Angles
39. Linear Pairs – Supplementary and Complementary Angles
40. Finding the area of the shaded region of a circle
41. Tangent and Secant Lines on Circles
42. How to Calculate the Arc of a segment of a circle
43. Rectangle Semicircle Word Problem
44. How to Calculate the Perimeter of a Rhombus Given It’s Side Length
45. How to Determine the altitude of a right triangle using the geometric mean and proportions
SAT Math Test Prep Online Crash Course Algebra & Geometry Study Guide Review, Functions,Youtube
Get a free lyrics book of my songs and a free sample of my online English program here: Peace and respect, Fluency MC
Verbs 1 SAT, TOEFL, GED, GRE English Vocabulary Test Prep Rap Song With Fluency MC!
Short, helpful video on ACT grammar by top ACT prep instructor. This video teaches commonly tested grammar, punctuation and sentence structure skills.
DOWNLOAD our FREE MOBILE APP FOR MORE ACT PREP VIDEOS
– Google play ►
– iTunes ►
SUBSCRIBE FOR All OUR VIDEOS!
VISIT BRIGHTSTORM.com FOR TONS OF VIDEO TUTORIALS AND OTHER FEATURES!
Brightstorm website ►
ACT Grammar – Top Punctuation Rules(HD) – Brightstorm ACT Prep
Part 3: Step 1 of Obtaining I-20 – Completing the Request
View an introduction and all 8 step-by-step visa process videos for CTY international students at the link above.
Visa Process Presentation (Part 3 Of 8) | Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth